SokoFresh is a fast-growing social venture that offers cold storage as a service for smallholder farmers. Through climate-smart technology, business model innovation and a digital market linkage platform we enable farmers to maximize the income from their harvests.
Our key to scale is to perfect our ‘full service’ proposition, which combines cold chain logistics, market linkage and value chain financing, tailored for smallholders. We have a young and talented team with a good mix of business, agriculture and software development backgrounds.
Your role in SokoFresh
As the Refrigeration Technician you will be responsible for ensuring the optimal performance of the cold storage and processing equipment that is utilized by SokoFresh. Your challenge is to ensure minimal disruption of operations due to technical failure. You will work closely with the equipment vendors to develop SOPs and tap into their wealth of experience in managing the equipment.
You will report to the Operations Manager .
- Daily monitoring and reporting on cold storage systems performance
- Attend cold storage and screw machines breakdowns as allocated with guidance from manufacturer engineers.
- Schedule and execute preventative maintenance of cold storage systems
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA) when resolving cold storage and screw press machine breakdowns to ensure permanent solutions.
- Carry out inspections to identify faults and initiate repair of electrical systems or products in all the stations.
- Carry out preventive maintenance prerequisites on cold storage units and production machines as per the manufacturer’s schedule
- Compliance with health/safety and housekeeping procedures as well as company policies.
- Ensure equipment safety devices are installed and in good working conditions and operators trained in order to prevent accidents
- Advice on potential upgrades for the assets and collaborate with suppliers on product improvements
- Oversee installation of new cold storage units and relocation of active units
- Degree/Diploma in Refrigeration and Air conditioning or related fields.
- 3-5+ years experience in cold storage equipment assembly and maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to oversee the assembly and deployment of new cold storages
- Demonstrated technical knowledge on refrigeration systems
- Problem solving skills
Strong preference will be given to candidates with experience in:
- Installation and repair of cold storage cooling units
- Installation and repair of stand alone solar powered systems
- Energy management systems.
- Assembly, Installation and maintenance of solar power systems on roof tops.
- Running and maintenance of screw press machines
- Power distribution & industrial installation.
What we offer you
- Competitive package with the opportunity to develop yourself in a truly unique and challenging environment;
- A job with purpose and societal impact;
- Working with a small group of talented, passionate and fun colleagues who share the ambition to change the world.
For this role, we are offering an initial 1-year contract for 40 hours per week.
Do you have a technical background and you want to join a fast growing company that is spearheading the adoption of climate smart innovations? Please send your resume and short note explaining your interest before 15th Oct 2021 through the link below: