SokoFresh is a fast-growing company that specializes in providing cold storage for farmers in rural Kenya. We are looking for ambitious, driven candidates who can support our business development team to activate & convert new buyers
Your role in SokoFresh
As a Sales Rep, you will be working with the Business Development Manager to activate markets for SokoFresh fresh fruits and vegetables. On a typical day, you might research buyers, visit market places, negotiate & contract with buyers, structure deals with buyers, and support buyers to register on the platform etc
We are looking for individuals who have a natural flair for identifying opportunities, to sell our value proposition to potential buyers, and to translate conversations into a potential sales pipeline
You will report to the Business Development Manager at SokoFresh
- Research & analysis of potential buyers for fresh fruit and vegetables
- Cold calling and visits to potential clients warehouses, and offices
- Buyer engagement discussions and negotiations
- Developing and completing trade commercials
- Support onboarding of buyers on the digital platform and coordinate initial sales finalization
- Support deliveries & debt collection
- Develop, and share contracts with buyers
Skills and Competencies
- Diploma or degree in Sales, Marketing, Business administration or other relevant qualification
- 1-3 years experience working in B2B sales of fresh fruit and vegetables, experience working with exporters an added bonus
- Strong skills in research, and analysis
- Flexibility & willingness to work in the field, in open air markets, and in rural areas
- Strong communication skills with willingness to listen, to collect opinions, and share learnings with the internal team
What we offer you
- Competitive package with the opportunity to develop yourself in a truly unique and challenging environment.
- A job with purpose and societal impact.
- The opportunity to build a high potential start-up from the ground up.
- Working with a small group of talented, passionate, and fun colleagues who share the ambition to change the world.
Does this sound like you? Are you interested? Please apply here by 21st November: